Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pineapple Tomatillos!!!                           

Tomatillos are ready.  I planted three varieties of tomatillos... traditional green Tomatillos, Purple tomatillos and Pineapple tomatillos.  I had never grown Pineapple tomatillos or Purple tomatillos.  The green tomatillos and Purple tomatillos are getting pretty large... filling the husks.  The pineapple tomatillos just were not getting big... I kept thinking they were not developing.... finally the husks were  turning papery and  they started falling off the plants.

Here is what they look like.


I picked quite a few... they practically fell off the plant into my hand.



Peeling back the papery husk...




Her's what they look like.  They are slightly sweet and they do have a flavor reminiscent of pineapple!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful gardening Stephanie - you are a rock star gardener

    ReplyDelete