Sunday, April 28, 2013

Preparing to plant peas... April 15

Preparing to Plant Peas...    April 15


I went out to the garden and the soil seems ready to plant.  After that snowfall it took several days before the ground was thawed out again!  I decided that I would plant the peas tomorrow, so before I retired for the evening, I put the pea seeds to soak.  

The reason that I do this is because the seeds will absorb quite a bit of moisture and that will help to start the germination process.  


First I put the seeds in a small bowl.  It is best to use a bowl that will hold the pea seeds with plenty of room for expansion.  



Here's a closeup of the pea seeds.  You can see how shriveled they appear.




Next I added water almost to the top.  I am leaving them overnight and will plant them in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment