Monday, September 5, 2016

Garden Catch-up  (February 2016)

I took quite a few pictures of the garden this year.  I just did not get them posted!  I was able to harvest broccoli about once a month during the winter, until January 23rd.  I was able to harvest baby lettuce, kale and chard about twice a month all winter and into the spring.  Here are some February pictures. 


February 7, 2016 - The low tunnel.
The high temperature for the day was 38 degrees.
The overnight low was 22 degrees. 






Frost would form on the outside of the tunnel fabric.


February 7, 2016 - On sunny days, I would take the cover off
and harvest some baby lettuce, chard and kale.  
February 7, 2016 - Baby lettuce.
These were direct seeded in late September.

In late February, the carrots I had planted in September were growing well under the tunnel cover.  The lettuce, chard and kale were continuing to grow and I was continuing to harvest it every few weeks.  


February 23, 2016 - It was a sunny day!  The carrots are growing well.
The high this day was 50 degrees.
The overnight low was 24 degrees.
  

February 23, 2016 - Chard and kale, with lettuce in-between the rows.

February 23, 2016 - Lettuce is growing well!

February 23, 2016 - Thinned the carrots!
Got to have baby carrots for dinner!


That was the end of February.  On to March......



No comments:

Post a Comment