Tuesday, May 15, 2012


I transplanted the little tomato and pepper seedlings....       

I transplanted the tomatoes on Saturday May 12th and the peppers today, May 15th.  

They had their second set of leaves and I transplanted them into 3" peat pots.  As I gently nudged them loose from their tiny plastic cells, I could see that they had already developed extensive root systems.  I set each one on a small mound of good potting soil, in the new little peat pot so that it would end up at the same soil level it was in the tiny plastic cell.  Then I filled in around with some more good potting soil.  Right after transplanting them they seemed a little unsure of their new peat pot homes. I gave them a good drink of water and set them back under the grow light.  

 I gave the tomatoes a couple of days and then I used a pair of scissors and cut off all but the strongest plant in each pot.  


It will take the peppers a day or two to acclimate to their new spacious pots!  In a couple of days I will  remove the weaker pepper plants, leaving only the strongest one in each pot.  


I also planted squash and pumpkins today.  I planted them in 3" peat pots that I set in a 11" x 22" tray.  Then I watered them.  I feel like I should've gotten these planted about two weeks ago!  

Here they are...



No comments:

Post a Comment